Filtering HTTPS with Squid on pfSense 2.4
This tutorial is now obsolete. Web Safety 7.2 dropped support for deployment on FreeBSD/pfSense due to too much difference with our main platform Ubuntu Linux. We might come with a separate product for pfSense/FreeBSD in the future but for now it is not clear when. Sorry.
- Why we need to filter HTTPS
- How it works
- Install Squid built with SSL decryption support
- Before web filter installation
- Install required packages
- Install web filter
- Integrate Apache and Web Safety
- Integrate Squid and Web Safety
- Additional Tasks
All scripts mentioned in this article can be downloaded from our GitHub repository. Just unpack the archive and run scripts in scripts.pfsense subfolder one-by-one as specified in the next steps.