Installed Files and Directories
In all operating systems the product is installed in /opt/websafety. More specifically:
- /opt/websafety/etc contains application configuration.
- /opt/websafety/bin contains binary files of the application (filtering daemon wsicapd, traffic monitor wsmgrd and various support scripts).
- /opt/websafety/var contains support files of the application (definition files, application logs and Admin UI).
In addition to application files installer also sets up the following scripts in the system directories:
- startup scripts for daemon are saved in /etc/systemd.
- /etc/logrotate.d/websafety - used to perform automatic daily log rotation of log files stored at /opt/websafety/var/log.
- /etc/cron.hourly/websafety_update - used to automatically update definition files in /opt/websafety/var/spool, as well as to automatically check for a new version of Web Safety published on our web site.
The installer adds a user and group named websafety to the user database in /etc/passwd and /etc/group. This user account is later used to run the web filtering daemon wsicapd, traffic monitor wsmgrd and Admin UI. This user account is removed automatically when Web Safety is removed.