How it Works
Web Safety web filtering appliance works very simply.
- User tries to navigate to a given web page by typing web site address in the browser address bar.
- Browser sends a request to Web Safety appliance. This request gets intercepted by Squid proxy running on the appliance.
- Squid proxy process connects to the remote site, downloads a page and sends its contents to ICAP web filter process running on the same appliance.
- ICAP web filter checks the inner contents of the page and blocks the access or allows it.
- Browser renders the allowed response and/or shows a denied page informing the user of a prohibited URL detected.