Debian 10 x86_64
We always recommend to use Web Safety on-premises as virtual appliance in VMware vSphere/ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V and in the cloud as virtual machine in Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. Overall maintenance, support and new version upgrades will be much easier!
Support for Debian 10 operating system is experimental only and it is not generally recommended for mission critical production environments. Please use this system in non critical deployments, labs and experiments only. For mission critical production deployments it is recommended to use Ubuntu 18 LTS x86_64.
- Step 1: Update the System
- Step 2: Install Apache and Django
- Step 3: Install Build Tools
- Step 4: Recompile Squid to Support HTTPS/SSL Filtering
- Step 5: Install Compiled Squid
- Step 6: Install ClamAV eCAP Adapter
- Step 7: Install Web Safety ICAP Web Filter
- Step 8: Integrate Squid and Web Safety ICAP
- Final Squid Conf
- Configure Current Time Zone
- Removal of Web Safety
All scripts mentioned in this article can be downloaded from our GitHub repository. Just download it and run scripts in scripts.debian10 subfolder one-by-one as specified in the next steps.