Debian 10 x86_64 or ARM (Raspberry PI)
We always recommend to use Web Safety on-premises as virtual appliance in VMware vSphere/ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V and in the cloud as virtual machine in Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. Overall maintenance, support and new version upgrades will be much easier!
Support for Web Safety running on Debian 10 x86_64 or Raspbian 10 ARM operating systems is experimental only and it is not generally recommended for mission critical production environments. Please use these systems in non critical deployments, labs and experiments only. For mission critical production deployments it is recommended to use Ubuntu 18 LTS x86_64.
- Step 0: Preinstallation Requirements
- Step 1: Update the System
- Step 2: Install Build Tools
- Step 3: Recompile Squid to Support HTTPS/SSL Filtering
- Step 4: Install Compiled Squid
- Step 5: Install ClamAV eCAP Adapter
- Step 6: Install Web Safety Core
- Install Admin UI for Web Safety
- Configure Current Time Zone
- Removal of Web Safety
All scripts mentioned in this article can be downloaded from our GitHub repository. Download and run scripts in core.debian10 and ui.deb sub folders one-by-one as specified in the next steps.